Caricatures in Calgary

As expected, with only weeks until Christmas and New Years Eve, caricature events are going full steam! This past weekend was no exception, there were late in the evening events, then up at 7:00am to draw caricatures at a children's event, then grab some fast food, and off to an evening corporate event....but that's ALL good! I drew at a MOVEMBER event on Friday night, and with the type of crowd, I could realy have some fun with my cartoon-caricatures, but because the light source was behind the guests, NONE of the pictures turned out...and those ones were fun! :( This one above was in a giant building with the best corporate band Alberta has to offer as the entertainment, The Groove Academy! ( Bassist Henry is a friend of mine, and a musical inspiration!) check out their website...  http://www.myxgroup.com/
With this classy event and the huge long line-ups (there were five caricature artists), I had to put my back to the line-up as sometimes when I see how many people are waiting I tend to hurry to get through them, at this one I thought I would slow each drawing of a person to about 4 1/2 minutes each. A wise decision as I was happy with the results.