These next two weeks are busy ones....yes! This is a "drummer geek" post here. I'll be recording 10 more cover songs for a CD for the band "Yesterday." This will be quite a bit different than what I'm used to as it contains a number of Motown tunes...which I love the grooves and tasty fills they used. I love recording with these mesh head Rolands, though I've owned these before and used them live and prefer the acoustc kits, but for studio...they're fantastic! The engineer can go into the module and pick an appropriate kit for the genre of music and without the fuss of tuning, no isolation booth, no worries on microphone placement, and voila.... a perfect sound to work with! Looking forward to Monday when we start, though there is a "toughie" in there, they're doing "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney, lots of drum work in that one.