Party Caricatures in Calgary

Drawing party caricatures in Calgary is always interesting as I never know which venue I will be at from week to week. Last evening's venue drawing caricatures was at Flames Central in Calgary....a beautiful venue for events and live bands. The guests I caricatured were from all over Canada in a closed to the public event. As Stampede Week is right around the corner, the theme for the event was cowboy....it was great practice drawing guests with cowboy hats on, a practice I only do for 10 days a year. My view (though I never had time to watch the band) was off to the side of the band....really enjoyed listening to them while drawing, I much prefer a live band over a DJ any day. I took a quick shot of the ceiling display in the above pic...there were many more logo's on the ceiling but couldn't fit the pics in my camera. The last time I drew here was for a corporate event with top notch Philidelphia caricaturist, Emily Anthony where the company brought in Creedence Clearwater Revisited, members of the orignal 60's band.
Kelly Gannon, caricaturist in calgary, calgary sketch artist, caricatures calgary